I found this recipe from WholeLiving. We were in need of a new crunchy snack idea. This was simple and cheap and I think we actually had everything on hand. I did use olive oil instead of vegetable oil. It might be yummy mixed in some sort of trail-type mix. Yummy!
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground hot paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss chickpeas with oil and spices until evenly coated. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, shaking pan occasionally, until chickpeas are golden and crunchy, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.