Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Roasted Spiced Chickpeas



I found this recipe from WholeLiving. We were in need of a new crunchy snack idea. This was simple and cheap and I think we actually had everything on hand. I did use olive oil instead of vegetable oil. It might be yummy mixed in some sort of trail-type mix. Yummy!


  • One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground hot paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss chickpeas with oil and spices until evenly coated. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, shaking pan occasionally, until chickpeas are golden and crunchy, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.


1 comment:

Nicole Suzanne Farley said...

Okay, no KIDDING we need to see each other. :) Do you guys have a June wkend you know is open?! I know that's so far away, but I figure it we plan it it'll happen, and with the wedding, things are pretty crazy here. :) The only weekend we have anything is the first weekend. Hey, when are you due?!?! Maybe June is too late?! AND - I started green smoothies, and TOTALLY want to talk to you guys about your lifestyle...Chris and I are working to get better, and I'm just interested to hear how you guys are doing it. WHOA longest post ever...I just love you! I think of you lots and lots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...