Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Guacamole Deviled Eggs

IMG_0561

Guacamole Deviled Eggs

6 eggs, hard boiled
1 small avocado
3 cherry tomatoes, chopped (or 1/4 other heirloom)
2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
few squirts of lime juice
dash of sea salt

I started by trying out a new way of hard boiling eggs that I found on Pinterest. Baking them as is for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. I do not know why I have never heard of this before. It is amazing! Maybe I am the only one who never thought to do this, but oh my oh they were cooked so perfect and so creamy. I actually liked the yolk! It was not dry at all and you don't get that gray color around the yolk. This is a picture of the eggs after baking them. They have a few dark spots on the shell, but after taking them out of the oven I put them in a bowl of ice cold water and the spots immediately went away. Soak them for about 10 minutes until they are completely cooled before peeling. What I also liked about "hard boiling" the eggs this way was that I could use a perfectly fresh egg and it would still peel easily. Love it. I will make them this way every time.

IMG_6684

While the eggs were cooking I chopped and mixed all the ingredients except the yolks obviously. Then after peeling the eggs I gently cut the eggs in half length-wise and mixed in the yolks with the guacamole mix. Look how beautifully rich and golden those yolks are! Amazing!

IMG_6688

After mixing the yolks in, I simply scooped the mixture into the holes of each of the eggs. This is a perfect protein packed snack, but we also like to make them as a lunch. :) Yummers.

IMG_0560


3 comments:

Jess said...

Steph...I did the same thing awhile ago! I baked my eggs and then made these and they were yummy! I love pinterest recipes :)

Brian Depew said...

Amazingly good

Brian Depew said...

Amazingly good

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...