Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sensory Tubs- On the Farm

sensory tub-farm scene 1

This sensory tub was not quite as much of a hit as Dinosaurland was, but he still had fun for a couple of days. I think he enjoyed the digging in the rocks best with the dinos. Perhaps some toddler scissors would have been fun for Will to cut the raffia...but he LOVED the tractor! That was the one thing I bought for this tub. I thought it was definitely needed for a farm scene. :)

sensory tub- farm scene 2

Materials I used for On the Farm...

-2 bags of pinto beans in the bottom
-small sheet of fake brown moss/dirt stuff (i took this out after the first time we opened it because it smelled so toxic and Will enjoyed scooping the beans more.)
-cut up raffia
-Popsicle sticks
-wooden egg
-wooden bowl
-wooden scoop
-tiny play tractor
-the letter "f" for farm
-a small barn stuffed full of farm animal figures

3 comments:

Rachel Farley said...

Cute! You are just too cool Steph!

Kristin said...

These are just so wonderful- I can't wait to do some when we get a place and get settled. Thanks for opening up my idea box :)

Our Blessed Nest said...

Look at YOU little miss teacher-mama! These are awesome;) I can tell you've been busy...not only baking your bun but being so intentional with Will at the same time. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...