Monday, July 19, 2010

my garden

first harvest!


So we have been doing a lot of traveling lately and my poor container garden has not been doing so well. :(...although I have had my first harvest of cherry tomatoes, or maybe I should say tomato. (not plural) Below is a picture of my poor plant dying, but no worries it is on the road to recovery.

dying cherry tomatoes :(

Tomato plants are so moody. If you skip a day of watering they look so frail, but can pop right back up to normal with in less then a day! Love it! Along with my yummy tomatoes I planted a few marigolds to keep pests away. In separate containers I have enjoyed chives, basil, rosemary, cilantro and some beautiful pink zenias. Below is a picture of my yummy herbs and sad dying zenias. boo. :( Thank goodness there are farmers markets because this container garden was not all it was hoped to be. :)

poor dying herbs/flowers

On the upside I did happen to take a few pictures of my pink zenias before the dry out. Arn't they cheerful! Sorry I know, I know...I was just a little sad though. This is the fist time I have ever actually grown anything from a seed. So sad to see it die.

zenia 1

...and another thing that makes me smile...the lettuce bowl that was given to me from a good friend who had to move...spinach, kale, something else that sadly was eaten by a bug and yummy edible flowers that taste like the creamsicle soda pop candy things I used to eat when I was a kid. Sorry I have no idea what the name is, but they are surprisingly delicious.

lettuce bowl

edibles

Have a good week!

1 comment:

Jess said...

at least your one tomato looks great! hope you enjoyed the one bite it took to eat it! my garden is just getting ready to produce an abundance of zucchini, cucumbers, onions, carrots, and tomatoes. I'm sure it will happen as soon as I leave for IN for school :). At least Mark will get to enjoy them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...