1) Oatmeal (leaves me feeling satisfied, but not heavy.)...serves 3-4.
-1 cup steel cut oats (a.k.a Irish Oatmeal)
-2 cups of water
-1 Tbsp. flaxseeds
*bring water to boil. add oats. cook until softened. add flax and desired amout of agave.
2)Chia and Peaches (soooo refreshing and energizing! This was my very favorite last summer.)
- 6 heaping scoops of chia gel
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh peaches (or other fruit...strawberries are yummy too.)
-drizzled honey to taste.
* To make the chia gel: add 1/3 cup of chia seed to 2 cups of water in a small bowl. Let sit out on counter for 10-15 minutes or until a gel forms (tapioca consistency). Make sure to stir often so it does not clump together. This makes enough for a few breakfast. Keep it covered in the fridge for a week or two. Take a table spoon and add 6 heaping scoops (or however you want) to a bowl. Top with diced peaches and drizzle wth honey.
*If you have not heard of chia beyond the pet :)...click here for more chia facts and recipes. You will be surprised at with how awesome and powerful this little seed is!
3) Banalmond Smoothie(usually a snack, but a good breakfast along with maybe a slice of toast)
-almond milk (you can make your own or buy at the store)
-3 medjool dates, pitted
*in a blender add bananas and dates. Pour in almond milk. (however much you want...the less you add the thicker it will be) Blend. serve. enjoy. ** the dates may not blend perfectly. I kind coming across a chunck of sweetness here and there. :)