Sunday, August 16, 2009

Family Camp

I have been out of touch with my cell phone, computer, TV, and really the world for the last 5 days and it has been absolutely wonderful! We went to Okoboji for family camp week with Thad's family to listen to my brother-in-law speak. There is just something about being at camp: the smell, the open air, the energy, the community meals, the big trees and tire swings, campfires, acoustic guitars, open ears, sunshine, etc. I love the fact that you don't have to lock any doors and you can just roam freely and not have to watch the clock. I learned SO much this past week that I would like to be sharing in the next few posts to come. Will had so much fun playing in the sand at the beach and crawling after all the kids. Kyle, my brother-in-law, spoke each morning for 2 hours to the adults only and Will did a great job going with the counselors to play with the other kids. He was very tired by the time lunch came around, but I was so proud of him and it was really nice to get some adult time...and the lessons were excellent! I am so excited to pick up my bible and read it with a new mind set.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

great sis!!! Can't wait to hear all about what you learned and about the time there:) Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...