There was an article in Family Circle Magazine that Nancie Carmody wrote about being positive and thankful. She wrote about how she was thankful that the alarm clock went off "because it means I'm alive!" and when her clothes fit snugly "because it means i have enough to eat" and when there was cooking, cleaning, and fixing "because it means I have a home" and when she was exhausted at the end of the day "...because it means I have been productive."
After reading this I realized that I have more blessings than I think, but sometimes I have tochose to be grateful in life's challenges. I am going to try to keep this in mind this week and see how much more exciting life can get! I am going to practice gratitude, learn to be content, laugh a lot, put away my negative thoughts, and adjust my focus on what the apostle Paul says...
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."
Each day next week I will be posting something about gratitude and a positive attitude. I feel if I continue this for a few days it will more likely become a bigger part of my life. So those that want to join me should visit me back here next week. I would love to hear what you are thankful for, what has been a blessing in your life, and how you have learned to be content.
For starters here is a list of 12 things I love about homemaking and being a mommy...
1. I can lay down and snuggle and giggle with Will anytime I want.
2. Yummy smells in the kitchen.
3. I get to keep learning how to make my home a special place...slowly decorating each room to make them come alive.
4. Watering and watching my plants grow.
5. I get to wear my sweats as long as I want.
6. The humm of my sewing machine and that I get to make things with beautiful fabrics.
7. The warmth of the clothes when they get out of the dryer.
8. The smell of a freshly bathed baby.
9. The excitement of trying a new recipe and chopping colorful veggies.
10. Capturing everything during the day with my camera.
11. I can take full advantages of the seasons-getting outside during the day or enjoying a view from the window.
12.I like serving for the Lord, and He called me to do this.
Have a lovely weekend, hope to hear from you next week.