Saturday, February 9, 2008

Brilliant Batiks



I dedicated the last part of this week to sewing a quilt with these beautiful batik fabrics that I have had since July. (yes, I said July!) When I am at the fabric store I always see something that I get super excited about for my next project....well "next project" usually turns into maybe a few months down the road. I always have so many projects going at one time that they never get finished! Anyone else have that problem?

.....well anyways, I had so much fun sewing this together; the colors really are brilliant! I used a pattern by Cozy Quilt Designs called "Sunshine," but I ended up changing a few things. I never seem to follow a pattern completely from start to finish, I tend to explore too much. :) It is obviously not quilted yet, so hopefully I won't wait another 7 months before getting that done. :) Ahh...it does feel nice knowing I got something accomplished. Here are a few more pictures of the batiks up close. So pretty to look at. :)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Pretty!! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me. This is so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...